It's Me!

My photo
I am a wife to Ron and the mother to 3 kids: Alexis, Jake and Cian. We are expecting our newest miracle Grace Elizabeth on or around December 12th 2011. I love to scrapbook and make cards and want to share my passion with you! Thanks for looking!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Wings Workshop January 28th 2011

 If you are in the Middle Tennessee area I would like to invite you to join me for my January Workshop on the 28th. This is the first of many new paper packs that CTMH is revealing this year. The paper is called Wings and you truly will soar with this project. We will make everything you see here....two 12x12 layouts and three cards. You will have plenty of paper and supplies left over for other projects!

 This is the first of two pages we will make. I love the paper in this pack. The flourishes and the scrolls are phenomenal! I liked using just plain black ink, that isn't always the case with scrapbooking. We always feel like we have to use the latest and greatest colors.

 These pictures were taken of my family back in May when I was a bridesmaid at my best friends wedding. I was 6 months pregnant with my son at the time! Hard to believe he is 4 months old now....and Janna has almost been married a year...where does the time go? I turned my layout sideways for this page because my pictures were vertical instead of horizontal. I was worried it wouldn't look as good, but I think it came out perfect! That's another beauty of CTMH you can rotate anything 90 degrees and it looks just as good!

 This is the first card I made . You cant see it good but the big brad in the center of the flower is corduroy...such a cool texture. The stamped image is stamped in the technique of second generation and then uses the technique of rolling. To do 2nd generation stamping you ink the image and then stamp it on a scrap piece of paper and then without reinking the image you will stamp it on the paper. However, to complete this technique you need to roll the image edges in the same color ink. Then you stamp the image on the paper and this is what it looks like.

 This is the same card layout just rotated 90 degrees! It gives a whole new look to the card and you wouldn't really notice that it was the same design unless you really looked. I recently just learned how to tie pretty little bows like this. If you do not know how to tie ribbon like this it is quite easy: You make two long bunny ears with your ribbon and then take each bunny loop and tie them in a knot like you would when you tie your shoes. Then just snip your ends and it will look this awesome!! I then added the stamped flower image with the brad on top of the ribbon with a glue dot.

 This is the last card we will make. Once again it is the same card design just rotated again 90 degrees. For this card I have sponged some ink on the bottom right hand corner. I was going to use my new CTMH spray pen but realized too late that I needed reinker in Vineyard Berry and I didn't have it. The spray pen is a really cool new tool that we have this year. For just 3.95 you get 3 of them and can use them with reinker and water or reinker, water and pearl paint to make a really cool iridescent mixture that splatters quite nicely. If you purchase the workshop kit you will get a spray pen.

 This is the stamp set that comes with your workshop kit. As you can see I used almost every stamp on the sheet this time. Most of my stamps turn red or light pink but this is only because I used black ink and a red tinted ink on them. This does not effect the outcome of another stamped image in another color. It just shows that they are loved and actually used and this to me is part of the journey with scrapbooking. This set is normally 13.95 and is only available with this workshop kit.

 This is the Mini Medley Accessories in Black that you will get with your workshop kit. This is what was left over after I was done making the above layouts and cards. I love that each time I purchase a kit I ALWAYS have extra product to use for other things. It really helps build my collection of CTMH products.

And this beautiful stamp set is the January Stamp Of The Month. It is a beautiful one too! I can see myself using this for so many occasions: Sympathy (butterfly), Love (bird), Teenagers birthday (high heel or the dress form) and then the wording is great for friendship etc...it is a VERY versatile set that will stay in my stash forever!

So, there you have it! I hope you have made it through this post. I know it was a long one, but there is just so much to share with you. If you would like to come to the crop please let me know so i can order you a kit. If you would like to purchase the kit you can do so from my website at www.inkyfingerz.myctmh.com and it comes with complete instructions for you to do it in the comfort of your own home. I hope to see you on Friday night the 28th for food, friends and fun!

Happy Scrappin!

No comments:

Post a Comment