It's Me!

My photo
I am a wife to Ron and the mother to 3 kids: Alexis, Jake and Cian. We are expecting our newest miracle Grace Elizabeth on or around December 12th 2011. I love to scrapbook and make cards and want to share my passion with you! Thanks for looking!

Monday, June 1, 2009

Just a Favorite!


I wanted to share with you a picture of my favorite card that I have ever made. I am not sure why it is my favorite other than maybe the color scheme and the paper that I used.
I got the idea out of one of our How To Guides called Originals and just copied the dimensions. It didn't take long to make at all.
It also utilizes a technique that I love. I am not sure if it has an official name but I will call it "scoring with reverse sanding"....easier done than said!
Notice the Crystal Blue and Chocolate cardstock and how it has been sanded. I did that by scoring straight lines with my paper trimmer and scoring tool. I then turned the cardstock over and sanded the reverse side. That's it!
You will need to be sure not to push too hard with your scoring tool. It is easy to tear a hole in your paper when you distress it this much. It will give anything a great look. You can also do patterns and crosshatching and make some really neat designs.
Give it a try this week and see if you like it. I know I do. Happy Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment