It's Me!

My photo
I am a wife to Ron and the mother to 3 kids: Alexis, Jake and Cian. We are expecting our newest miracle Grace Elizabeth on or around December 12th 2011. I love to scrapbook and make cards and want to share my passion with you! Thanks for looking!

Friday, July 31, 2009

A Star Is Born....Mallie Elizabeth due in October

Ok, this has to be the best card I have ever made! I am so excited about how easy this was. I saw the card above in the book and really wanted to make it. Tomorrow is one of my best friends baby shower and this was my chance to really show off! Brooke scrapbooks with me, so if I make her something it has to be the "BEST".
The new CTMH Wishes card program is awesome! It helps you make cards so quickly and with virtually no mistakes. The pictures and detail are superb and the directions are very easy to follow. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to make cards, whether you are a beginner or highly seasoned.

I used paper from My Mind's Eye Bohemian Collection that I purchased at Michael's today. I then chose two CTMH inks that match the paper. They are Bamboo and Juniper. I like bamboo because it is a neutral and everything needs a neutral. The Juniper really helped tone down the Tulip color which is the main color of the card.


This is a close up of the dimensional elements that I used to spell STAR. I inked around the edges in Juniper and then adhered it to the cardstock wrap with glue dots.



The cardstock wrap just slides on and off of the card and then you can open it. I think this is the perfect design for showcasing your artwork or the baby's card in her nursery.




This is what it looks like as you slip the wrap off the card. This card is a 6x6 with the fold to the left of the card. But I imagine you could do the fold at the top of a card as well and it would still look great! That's the beauty with CTMH designs, they are always interchangeable.





Here is the wrap by itself. The three pieces of cardstock are glued together and then it is wrapped around the card and scored. You then tie the ribbon around the card which allows the wrap to keep its shape. I then embellished the wrap however I wanted.






The ribbon holds so well it can stand up on its own. That's pretty cool!







I decided to use the printed side of the paper as the inside of the card. I put a small 3x3 piece of textured cardstock in the center and used my Tulip CTMH marker to write Brooke a little note. but because the inside was printed cardstock I didn't need much embellishing. Overall I am very pleased with this card and think you should give it a try. If you would like to order any of the products mentioned that are CTMH please go to my website at www.inkyfingerz.myctmh.com and then click on shopping. Thanks for looking!!









No comments:

Post a Comment