It's Me!

My photo
I am a wife to Ron and the mother to 3 kids: Alexis, Jake and Cian. We are expecting our newest miracle Grace Elizabeth on or around December 12th 2011. I love to scrapbook and make cards and want to share my passion with you! Thanks for looking!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Votive Cards

Supplies for this project: (1) piece of 8.5 x 11 card stock
(1) piece of Vellum
(2) pieces of patterned paper for the frames around the vellum
Any stamps or inks that you want to
Any other regular crafting supplies (paper trimmer, scissors etc)


For this votive card I used CTMH's paper called Jingle. I also used our newest stamp set called Stocking Style. It is so versitile because it allows you to stamp any name or phrase on the stocking and then piece everything together. This paper pack features the colors: Tulip, Juniper, Olive and Creme Brule' but I often use it with White Daisy instead.


These were extremely easy to make and are the perfect little gift for a teacher or neighbor. All you need to add are the battery operated tealights to put inside the opening of the card. I got mine in a 5 pack for about $10 at a local Arts and Crafts store.

This one uses one of my favorite CTMH stamp sets called Snow Friends. If you want to get this one hurry because it is scheduled to retire at the end of this year I believe.


I used the paper pack titled Aspen for this card. I like the winter like feel of Aspen. It can be used for a Holiday or just for Winter. I have also seen it used for New Baby cards for little boys and thought it was perfect. Thats what I love about CTMH's papers.
It is hard to see in the photo but I colored the snowman with our White Daisy marker and then added some Stickles Glitter Glue to the snow under him and to the snowflakes above him. Stickles is one of my favorite accessories.
I also stamped his hat on another piece of carstock and then colored it with the cranberry marker. I then cut it out and pop dotted it onto the card to give it a little more dimension.



If you would like directions on how to make these cards I am willing to email it to you. Just send me an email at mwogan@comcast.net and use "Votive Card Directions" as your subject and I will be sure to send it your way.
I hope you enjoy this special project and use it not just at the Holidays but all year round.




No comments:

Post a Comment