It's Me!

My photo
I am a wife to Ron and the mother to 3 kids: Alexis, Jake and Cian. We are expecting our newest miracle Grace Elizabeth on or around December 12th 2011. I love to scrapbook and make cards and want to share my passion with you! Thanks for looking!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

First Christmas For Mallie

Ok, so one of my best friends in the world had a beautiful baby girl on October 10th 2009. I have taken many pictures of her and like most of them but this one is a favorite! I did not take the photo but I got to choose from several poses and I think this one captures her the best. I made this layout for her mom and I am giving it to her in about 8.5 hours. I hope she likes it!

This is a layout from CTMH's how to guide called Reflections. I know I mention this all the time, but those books allow me to be so creative when it comes to my artwork. I changed a few things about the embellishments and kind of added my own flair to the layout, but overall CTMH takes all the worry out of scrapbooking.

I added the pics in the wrong order. The layout says: Your first Christmas as a baby...My first Christmas as a Mother. I thought this was perfect for the reason I made this. I sure wish I had been into scrapbooking when my daughter was born, or even photography!


I typed out my saying on my laptop and then printed to my color HP printer and then trimmed the edges. I sponge daubbed them in Olive ink for a more textured look and added bitty sparkles to either side of the saying for some bling! Every girl loves bling!!



Next step was adding the sparkle brads to the snowflakes. These are one of my favorite new CTMH products. They can be used for any occassion but go with this paper packet (Jingle) very well.




For the word FIRST I stamped it with our "E" sized Alphabet called Rustic. It was my first alphabet stamp purchase as a consultant with CTMH and it is very used. I used Olive ink and stamped on white cardstock and cut the letters out and glued them to the page. For the word CHRISTMAS I used a stamp set called Chrsitmas Greetings. It is also well loved and I stamped this in Tulip ink directly onto the layout.





I thought some ribbon would balance out the top of the layout texture wise. I have to have things looking as balanced to the eye as possible. So not only is color scheme important but balance is as well. However, do not get confused and think that means everything has to be symetrical, there is a difference.






When I look at this picture and I think of Mallie that Stevie Wonder song, Isn't She Lovely, comes to mind. He wrote that song the day his daughter was born and if you listen to the words you are filled with joy for a man singing the details of his new baby girl, a baby girl he has not and never will see with his own eyes. That song to me is Mallie Elizabeth! I love you Brooke and I love you too "Mal~Mal".







No comments:

Post a Comment