It's Me!

My photo
I am a wife to Ron and the mother to 3 kids: Alexis, Jake and Cian. We are expecting our newest miracle Grace Elizabeth on or around December 12th 2011. I love to scrapbook and make cards and want to share my passion with you! Thanks for looking!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Card For My Boss

My boss Debbie's birthday was May 16th. The cool thing about this is that my work has offered to pay me to make everyone in our Dept a birthday card!! I am honored that they asked and thrilled to show off my creativity. So, this was the first one.

I used the CTMH paper pack called Bella and paired it with the July Stamp Of The Month! Is this little Hedgehog not the cutest thing you have ever seen? I paper pieced him so that he would have different colors and not be so flat on the page. This is also the first window card I have ever made. I have to say I am happy about the way it turned out.

The main ink colors used were Olive, Hollyhock, Pansy Purple and Creme' Brule. I am very much into mixing paper packs with stamp sets not specifically noted to "match" that paper. Most of the CTMH collection is easy to do this with. It just takes a little imagination and not being afraid to try something new.


The outside of the card says Happy Birthday and the inside reads... You deserve to have a great day! My boss was very happy with the card and knew right away that it was handmade. It made me feel good that it was more special to her. The reason I know it was: She said she is "actually going to SAVE this card" Pretty cool! Thanks for looking!!



No comments:

Post a Comment