It's Me!

My photo
I am a wife to Ron and the mother to 3 kids: Alexis, Jake and Cian. We are expecting our newest miracle Grace Elizabeth on or around December 12th 2011. I love to scrapbook and make cards and want to share my passion with you! Thanks for looking!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Birthday Card For Kim

Here is the newest birthday card for my co-worker Kim. Her birthday is may 31st but we are having her party tomorrow at work. For this card I used a paper pack called Key To My Heart. This was a specialty paper that was available only for a short time with CTMH. I have had it sitting there for awhile and didnt know what to do with it. I think this is perfect!

The card design came out of one of our How To books called Originals. I simply took the dimensions right out of the book and added a few of my own personal touches such as the sanding and the inking and glued it together. It was very easy to make and not time consuming at all.

The flowers are chipboard covered in paper and glued to the card. The Creme Brule flowers are paper and to top it off is a Tulip colored button with Chocolate Waxy Flax threaded through it. The leaves of the flowers are chipboard and have been inked all over with Juniper and then around the edges with Creme Brule. Using the elements really makes the card have texture and layers and is way more interesting to the eye.


The inside of the card is stamped with Juniper and Tulip ink and uses my newest alphabet purchase called Cocktail. It comes with both an upper and lower case set of alphas and thats something that is well worth it to me.



I am having a great time with all these birthday cards. I am pretty sure we do not have any June birthdays. But we do have 2 in July. One of them is a doctor and it will be interesting to see how I do a card for a man. He loves fly fishin... so maybe I will go with that. Be sure to check back often, new things are happening every day around here!! Thanks for looking!!




No comments:

Post a Comment