It's Me!

My photo
I am a wife to Ron and the mother to 3 kids: Alexis, Jake and Cian. We are expecting our newest miracle Grace Elizabeth on or around December 12th 2011. I love to scrapbook and make cards and want to share my passion with you! Thanks for looking!

Monday, May 10, 2010

My Very First Baby

I love to tell Alexis in a silly voice that she was "my very first baby" I was scared and nervous and thought i knew everything up until the moment they handed her to me and I was supossed to do this "on my own". I had no clue and suddenly realized just how valuable my parents and my husbands parents were to me. In those early days of 1999 I realized just what being a Mother is all about and I am so glad I have a baby girl who taught me that!

Have I mentioned that she is going to be an awesome big sister? At 11 years old she is going to be such a big help to me. I have seen her in action with my friends 7 month old daughter and it blows me away how nurturing and loving and gentle she is. one day she is going to make a fine Mother herself, I just know it!! In this picture she is with my brother Andrew. We gathered Sunday at O'Charley's for dinner with my Mom.

Here are the two loves of my life. Alexis is wonderful with Jake. She is starting to want her privacy and doesn't always want him in her room. But in my opinion she tolerates him better than most 11 year old sisters would and plays very well with him despite the age difference. every now and then we have to get onto someone, but they do not like to be apart for long periods of time.


This is how I normally find Alexis.... making some silly face with Jake. Sometimes they play a game that me and my siblings played when we were young. We called it "faces" and "make me laugh". We usually had my brother Darrick as the one who had to make us laugh... he is the funniest one of all of us for sure.
This Mothers Day was the best. I got to just watch my kids be themselves and take candid pictures of them doing candid things. I love both of them with everything that I have and all that I am and just want the whole world to know about it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment