It's Me!

My photo
I am a wife to Ron and the mother to 3 kids: Alexis, Jake and Cian. We are expecting our newest miracle Grace Elizabeth on or around December 12th 2011. I love to scrapbook and make cards and want to share my passion with you! Thanks for looking!

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Remembering


This is Memorial Day Weekend. I thought I would share with you one of CTMH's paper packs that works well for any American Holiday and that is this one...Blue Ribbon. I love the way this July 4th layout turned out. I believe it is important that we scrapbook those times or people in our lives that served our country.
Today my family and I were riding around town doing some shopping. We drove down Medical Center Parkway and noticed thousands, it seemed, American Flags lining one of the fields along the street. Those flags have never been there before. There was a spotlight so that they could be seen at night to guide the way and remind us of all the men and women who have given their lives for our country. If you have not seen this sight yet you should take a few minutes and experience it.
My husband and I were able to teach our children something today. Our kids were able to list family members who have served this country and they were so proud to be able to do so. They liked that those flags honored or memorialized them. Alexis is ten years old now and one could tell that it touched her heart in a special way. Jake is three now and he understood what the flags meant. I could tell he did when he said, "Thats what my Grandpa did" referring to Ron's father. I just thought it was sweet and it was a memory that I will never forget.
So please teach your children about our military. Let them know that you used to not have a choice as to whether you went in or not. Remind them that some families lost every father, son, grandson, brother or uncle that they had. Teach them what the flag stands for and how it should be respected.
I wish you all a happy and safe Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment