It's Me!

My photo
I am a wife to Ron and the mother to 3 kids: Alexis, Jake and Cian. We are expecting our newest miracle Grace Elizabeth on or around December 12th 2011. I love to scrapbook and make cards and want to share my passion with you! Thanks for looking!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

MoJo Monday Sketch 116

Every Monday I try and complete a sketch from the MoJo Monday website. Each week they give you a sketch and then you create a card or layout with that sketch and then post it to your blog and then upload it to their site. This week there will be several winners and the prizes are Verve Stamps! How much fun is that?

By doing these sketches I have gone outside my comfort zone and created things I otherwise would not have thought of and may have missed out on. I mostly use my CTMH products but on this card I used punches both from Marvy Uchida and Martha Stewart and dollar bin ribbon and stick on snow flakes from Michael's.

The paper pack that I used is from CTMH and it is called Rustic Trail. It is very masculine paper and is more often used for fishing or camping layouts and cards. I do think it reminds me of winter and snowmen so it goes well with this theme. I just love the Martha Stewart snowflake punch!


This ribbon adds some texture and character to the card because it has that little pop of red mixed in there. Not all winter/holiday layouts and cards have to have your traditional red and green combo to go with the season. So try and step outside the lines and use different color combos on your artwork whenever you get the chance.



The stamp set that I used is called December Word Puzzle and is still available with CTMH until the end of the year I believe. It has several fun images on it and several different wording options for anything for this time of year.
So why dont you try a MoJo Monday sketch and send me the link to your blog and I will check it out. One lucky designer will win a CTMH grab bag that is sure to make your holiday projects sparkle this season!
Thanks for looking!!!




1 comment: