It's Me!

My photo
I am a wife to Ron and the mother to 3 kids: Alexis, Jake and Cian. We are expecting our newest miracle Grace Elizabeth on or around December 12th 2011. I love to scrapbook and make cards and want to share my passion with you! Thanks for looking!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

My Son's Birthday Card

I love this stamp and paper set. It has been one of my favorites for almost a year now, or since it came out. The paper is called Stardust and the stamp set is called Reach For The Stars. They are both so versatile. I have used this paper for both my daughter and my son. I have made it fit all kinds of holidays and celebrations. I absolutely love it!!

You can see in the picture above that I stamped the image on the background and textured paper so that it looked like I paper-pieced it together. I love the way the Moonstruck ink looks against the patterned paper. You should try this technique!

I love CTMH's dimensional elements, they are one product that I collect every one of as soon as they come out. I used stars for this card. I sponge daubbed them with Honey and Moonstruck ink. I love the way sponge daubbing creates texture to the element.

Here is another example of a larger dimensional element. I put this one on the front of the card. These particular ones were self adhesive, but now they do not come that way. I think that is a good idea because then you can use both sides of the element.


I LOVE the colors in this paper pack. Green is my favorite color and here I used Clover Meadow (I love that name) to stamp the Dream Big image. I added some White Daisy brads for a bit more texture and to me they kind of looked like stars out in space.
I am sure my son, who will be four on New Years Day, will love this card. He loves anything I make, but expecially anything with rockets or trains or construction vehicles. I love you Jake and I hope you have a very happy birthday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment