It's Me!

My photo
I am a wife to Ron and the mother to 3 kids: Alexis, Jake and Cian. We are expecting our newest miracle Grace Elizabeth on or around December 12th 2011. I love to scrapbook and make cards and want to share my passion with you! Thanks for looking!

Saturday, December 19, 2009

One Last Christmas Card

I decided to make one last card today. This one is for my childcare sitter...let's hope neither she nor her husband see this post before they get the card!! I am so thankful for them, despite having an illness that keeps David in and out of the hospital those two manage to come to my house every morning, watch my 3 year old son, pick my 10 year old daughter up from school and run their own errands and teach my son everything a home schooled kid would learn. I couldn't be any luckier or more blessed.

For this card I used CTMH's paper called Evensong. It has rich red toned colors and then a pop of green. Traditional? Hardly. I love the way CTMH's papers can be reversed and used to make a layout or card look totally different. You can see that on this card: The light sorbet piece in the background is the reverse side of the rich Tulip piece under the felt tree. Same page just different looks.

The stamp that I used is called Christmas Greetings and it has several bold images of snowmen, trees, ornaments etc. I love the font on this stamp set. I have used this set so much the acrylic is stained red for all eternity, but I dont care...that just means I love my stamps.


In this last image I have chosen to show you a close up of our new Heartfelt Die Cuts. They are the perfect way to dress up any layout or card. I love cards and layouts that are built up in several layers. I love the look of texture as well. My ribbon is from Michael's craft store and was a 1.99 for a roll. I think it brings everything together in a unique way.
So thank you again to David and Amy for everything that you do for my family and here's to many more years as friends!!



2 comments:

  1. Can't believe no one has commented on this card. I love it, and may even have to scraplift it. Let me see, I think I still need a card for my neighbor. . . TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cheryl, you have my permission to scraplift anything I do. Thats the greatest compliment of all!!

    ReplyDelete