It's Me!

My photo
I am a wife to Ron and the mother to 3 kids: Alexis, Jake and Cian. We are expecting our newest miracle Grace Elizabeth on or around December 12th 2011. I love to scrapbook and make cards and want to share my passion with you! Thanks for looking!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Time Is Near!!


I just wanted to share a picture of the cake that my friend Kim made for me. My co-workers threw me a baby shower last week at work and it was wonderful. Kim is so talented!! She makes cakes and does photography. We were going to take maternity pictures today but the weather isnt cooperating with us. It has been 112 degrees here every day for several months with hardly any rain and then as soon as I plan outdoor pictures here comes the monsoon. So we'll try again in 2 weeks, but I will be ready to bust by then. if it doesnt work out she will come and take pictures of the baby for me when it is born.

This is the perfect cake for either gender. I have found that by not knowing what gender the baby is one tends to rack up on all the essentials as far as baby gifts go. Not that anything froo-froo and cutsie isnt wanted or appreciated, it is just that when it comes down to it diapers, wipes and breast feeding supplies are way more practical. I have another shower in October (an after the baby shower) and I am going to have to update my registry for that one, because my current registry is pretty much taken care of.

I am going out with two of my best friends today and finishing up shopping for this little one. I need baby socks and a couple of gender neutral outfits and then I need to pack my hospital bag with the new mommy essentials and get some comfy black yoga pants for my hospital stay. I am so not staying in those open back gowns with the fishnet panties they give you in one size fits all....yeah right....have they seen the junk in my trunk lately?

Anyway, stay tuned for pictures of the baby shower gift Thank You cards that I mass prodcued the other night. My feet were as swollen as grapefruits but I used CTMH's card book and cut, glued and embellished 21 cards in just under an hour. It was so easy!! I also have a CTMH team meeting tomorrow at my Uplines house. I know I will be bringing back some awesome information for you guys. So stay tuned!! I may be 9 months pregnant but I am still at it!!!


Here we are in the breakroom at work. These are just a few of the awesome ladies I work with at the clinic here in town. You can't see the rest of them but everyone came and oohed and ahhed over me and this little one. I am so very blessed!! It seemed like I opened presents for hours. All of the food was homemade and my friend in the back beside me, Rebekah was able to make it with her daughter Ashley and her new baby, 2 week old Allie Grace. It was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment