It's Me!

My photo
I am a wife to Ron and the mother to 3 kids: Alexis, Jake and Cian. We are expecting our newest miracle Grace Elizabeth on or around December 12th 2011. I love to scrapbook and make cards and want to share my passion with you! Thanks for looking!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

You're A Deer Thank You Card

Thank You Card for my shower gifts!

Here it is.... the card I created in bulk for my Thank You's to all of my coworkers and friends for my baby shower gifts. I chose the CTMH paper called Topstitch because it is both pink and blue and since this baby is a surprise I thought it went well.

The stamp that I chose was actually a dollar bin stamp at Michael's several months ago. I have really been wanting to use it but have not had to make any Thank You cards for quite some time. I inked the image in chocolate ink and then stamped it right on the Colonial White cardstock. I then distressed the edges with the edge of the Blush ink pad just swiping it all the way around.

The layout for the card came from the CTMH How To book called Wishes. I am serious when I say if you do not have these How To books you really, really should. I was able to make 21 cards in just under an hour all while getting my kids ready for bed, saying prayers and getting up to get popsicles....that is my current craving of the month!

It only used about 4 sheets of paper and then about 7 sheets of cardstock, but I like to cut my own cards. You can buy them premade and folded and save a lot of money. I hope you enjoy this card. August 27th is my crop night. I will be posting a picture of the layout and card we make from that as well as what my next workshop will be on. I am pretty sure we will be making clear acrylic cards....they are very dimensional and easy to do. So stay tuned!!! Thanks for checking this out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment